Final Wicomico MS Grand Work

wicms_piano6wicms_piano13

Some of the hammers were “bouncing” when the key was struck. I had to adjust the let off buttons on each of those keys, so the let off would release and allow the hammer to fall down to the back check.

wicms_piano7wicms_piano8

I had done a preliminary cleaning when I started, but vacuumed it all out again today.

wicms_piano10wicms_piano11

The pedal lyre supports had “disappeared” at some point, so I made a couple. Nothing exotic, schools don’t pay for “exotic”. Also did the final tuning…broke another string(and replaced it), but oh well, the bane of an older piano.

wicms_piano12

All done! Not perfect, by any stretch, but definitely more usable than it was….which was basically un-usable.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s